It has been way too long since I have updated my blog, so no excuses! Still managing to chisel away at my personal stuff. Looking to do a major overhaul on the site fairly soon, since I have been doing some serious direction shifting in my art since starting out. Managed to knock this guy below during some lunches, but moving on to the next one. Cheers!
Well it dawned on me I should be updating my blog as I haven't in a while, so here I am! Most of my recent work has been quick sculpts but I do feel I have some stuff worth showing for now.
I did also manage to finish my sci fi arm, even textured the thing, but after all was said and done, I don't feel it is portfolio worthy. So I'm posting it here and moving on! Cheers!
Traveling and such has been a journey in and of itself, and I have learned a lot from it. I am finally settling to where I'm getting back into the personal art groove and managed to quick sculpt a monster from a concept I saw over @ digitaltutors. Looking forward to getting some new work up, so back at it! Cheers!
Its barely been a few months but off I go again. Landed my first industry job and I'm very excited to be out again and gaining that much needed experience. There have been some serious highs and lows through applying these last few months, but if anything its really just confirmed that I still have a long way to go as an artist.
The growing process is indeed painfully slow but if nothing else I am seeing improvement. Between tests and such I managed to use DT again to continue pursuing my painting abilities. It was very fun and I cant wait to do another. Though between sculpting, modeling, and texturing we'll have to see when that is :P Cheers!
Alright then! My HP hero asset work is completed. Initially I concepted this piece with the idea that it would have many moving arms towards the front. As I moved into the final block out stage I felt the design leaned more towards a welding gun/arm of sorts a bit better. From here its a matter of creating the low poly, unwrap, and textures. I will be documenting the rest of the work on a thread I made over at polycount for anyone who might be interested :D
This last month has come and gone in an instant. Job hunting and moving has really kept me busy. The hunt currently continues but signs are much more promising than I would have initially thought. In the mean while I know the best I can do to keep afloat is to keep working on my art.
Giving myself several projects at once might have been a bit too ambitious given my schedule last month, but something did come out of it. Currently I am putting the final touches on an asset that I conceptualized myself. Somewhat of a hero piece, since I knew my portfolio is in desperate need of some next gen assets that show the complete next gen workflow.
Speaking of, the following piece was used with that very idea in mind. It was amazing practice and I'm very happy to continue honing my hard surface workflow. Onward!
After my recent graduation I really felt the urge to improve on my texturing since I now have the freedom to really go after whatever kind of asset creation I wanted. So to keep things simple I decided to take NDo2 and improve on my workflow in there, while really trying to focus on low poly tileable assets. This piece was conceptualized by me, created entirely in NDo2 and photoshop, then rendered in Marmoset. My next endeavor is to put such assets into a completed scene. Till then!
I definitely needed some form of green in my portfolio, so in my current scene that I have been working on I made sure to make it a large part. I have messed around with simple bushes and plants before but never where my scene would be 70% comprised of it.
I'm really liking the progress and I am very VERY happy with all of the new tips, tricks, and tools I picked up along the way. Once the workflow was down making simple foliage was a great learning experience :D.